Welcome to the first post on the Framed! Blog. I hope that you find it informative and sometimes even fun to read.
My first topic is about picture hanging. I probably get asked five to ten questions a week about hanging pictures. So here is my #1 piece of advice to you.
Always, Always, Always hang pictures on two hooks. Having two axis points is going to keep your picture straighter for longer. If it gets bumped it is harder to knock off the wall and should stay level. It may take you a few more minutes to hang it in the first place, but think about never having to walk around your house and straighten out your pictures again.
- Find your spot on the wall, get an idea of the height you want to hang your picture
- Mark on the wall in pencil where you would normally put your picture hook, now measure a few inches to the right and a few to the left.
- Measure down from the ceiling to make sure your two marks are level
- Hammer your picture hooks into the wall.
- Hang the picture. This might take a few tries but it is worth it
- Stop walking around straightening pictures.